Probate and Administration of Deceased Estates

Probate & Deceased Estates

Probate and Letters of Administration

For those with a valid Will and with assets exceeding the minimum threshold, your Executor will need to make an application to the Supreme Court for a grant of probate, which is an order from the Supreme Court that authenticates your Will and authorises the nominated Executor proving your Will to distribute your estate.

If you die without a Will (intestate) or the Executors appointed by your Will are unable to act, then upon application the Supreme Court will issue letters of administration.

Matthies Lawyers can assist you or your family in obtaining simple or complex grants of probate, letters of administration or to lodge a caveat where you seek to stop a grant of probate.

Family & Divorce Law

Wills & Estates

Property Conveyancing

Will Disputes

Animal Law


From the Blog